Single certificate

Single certificate

How can i get unmarried certificate? what’s the procedure to

Your local ‘Register Office,’ where births, marriages, and deaths are recorded, will provide you with a Certificate of No Impediment (CNI). Only British citizens are eligible to receive it. Furthermore, the CNI is not issued by the UK for marriages that take place in Commonwealth countries.
This document is a formal certificate prepared and signed by a government officer in the United Kingdom (The Registrar). You must make an appointment at your nearest office. The certificate will be issued in about 4 weeks (there is no fast track service). Citizens of the United Kingdom must apply in person at their nearest office and present original identity documents. If you live outside of the UK and are unable to travel to the UK, you will be unable to do so.
You may make a sworn or statutory statement of fact in the United Kingdom. You should declare that you are single and have never been married, or that you are divorced and ready to marry in this situation.
The statutory statement (also known as a stat dec) must be signed in the presence of a solicitor or Notary Public in the United Kingdom. They sign the document after witnessing you sign it. You can edit a number of free statutory declaration templates online.

Single/unmarried status certificate & apostille

A competent court with jurisdiction over the applicant’s residential address may issue a Certificate of Bachelorhood/Single Status/Eligibility to Get Married. This may take the form of a declaratory order, for which a suit must be filed in the appropriate court for the particular purpose, and which must be counter-attested by the state’s Home Department. It must then be attested/apostilled by the Attestation Section of the Ministry of External Affairs’ Consular, Passport & Visa (CPV) Division in New Delhi. Please note that attestation applications must be submitted to outsourced agencies; for more information, go to

Nris guide to attest single status certificate apostille

No Record of a Marriage certificate issued by the US Health Departments ((Bureau of Vital Statistics) and destined for use in The Hague Apostille countries are attestation services provided by US apostille. The Secretary of State Office in the same state where the document was issued issues an Apostille for the certificate of No Record of a Marriage.
If you are planning to marry abroad, a No Record of a Marriage certificate is required to confirm your single status. It’s also known as a Certificate of Single Status, a Certificate of No Impediment, or a Certificate of No Marital Status.
Individuals in other states may benefit from US apostille’s comprehensive guide on how to obtain an apostille on their own, which can help them expedite the attestation of their No Record of a Marriage. Please select the Origin State, in which the document was published, from the table below for more information:

Oss – how to apply for a single safety certificate

We provide quick Apostille service for Single Status Affidavits issued by the Secretary of the District of Columbia in Washington, D.C., as well as documents issued by any US Embassy or Consulate office.
You will be required to provide a Single Status Affidavit if you plan to marry in another country that is a signatory to the Hague Apostille Convention. You may also be obliged to provide this documentation for jobs in certain countries.
This document serves as evidence that you are not currently married to another person in the United States. If you’ve been married before, you may be asked to show evidence that you’re divorced as well. The Court will affix an apostille to a divorce decree.
The Single Status Affidavit can be obtained from your local County Clerk. You may be able to receive this document from the Court or the State Registrar in some states. First, please check with the County Clerk. You can also hire an attorney to help you prepare this document (Single Status Affidavit). If you are outside the country, you can go to the nearest US Embassy or Consulate and have an affidavit notarized by a US Federal notary saying that you are single.

About the author


View all posts