Marriage certificate oklahoma

Marriage certificate oklahoma

How to change your last name after marriage

For many people, the concept of marriage is romantic, but finding out what is needed to actually get married is not. To receive a marriage license in Oklahoma, there are a few conditions that must be met.
If parents or guardians’ permission is required, a birth certificate is required in addition to affidavits consenting to marriage if parents are not present. Affidavits from three persons verifying the above are needed if parents are deceased or their whereabouts are unknown.
You must prove that you are unrelated to the person you are marrying. Stepfathers and stepdaughters, stepmothers and stepsons, uncles and nieces, aunts and nephews, brothers and sisters, and first cousins are among those who fall into this category. Exceptions are provided only for those whose relationship is exclusively focused on marriage.
Judge or retired judge, ordained or approved preacher, pastor, priest, rabbi, or ecclesiastical dignitary who has filed a copy of their credentials with their state of residence or the state where the marriage is to be conducted and is authorized by their church or synogogue to solemnize marriages.

How to prove native american/indian ancestry

A health practitioner or an official representative of a religious organization whose misters’ credentials are filed of record with a court clerk’s office must administer the premarital therapy program. A state-licensed psychiatrist or psychologist; a licensed social worker with expertise in marriage counseling; a licensed marital and family therapist; or a licensed clinical counselor are all examples of health professionals. A marriage education curriculum of at least four (4) hours is needed. From the link below, you can download a Disclosure of Premarital Therapy form (Word, Word great, or PDF format):
Requirements for a Preacher, Minister, Priest, Rabbi, or Ecclesiastical Dignitary:
A copy of the certificates or authority from his or her church or synagogue authorizing him or her to solemnize marriages shall be filed in the office of the court clerk of the county in which he or she resides by the preacher, pastor, priest, rabbi, or ecclesiastical dignitary who is a resident of this state.

The wedding of joe, john and travis

The Tulsa County Court Clerk’s Office’s Marriage License Division is located on the second floor of the Tulsa County Courthouse, 500 S. Denver, Tulsa, OK; and at our Broken Arrow satellite office, 123 N. Main Street, Broken Arrow, OK. Both parties must be present in the office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday to apply for a marriage license. You can call us at 918-596-5478 or 918-596-8991 for the satellite office. Call 918-596-5452 to obtain a recording of this information.
Visit the Court Clerk’s Office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday to receive a copy of a marriage license or a copy of the decree of dissolution of marriage. If you need help with a marriage license, call 918-596-5478, and if you need a divorce order, call 918-596-5454.
The following information is a review of Oklahoma marriage license requirements; there are additional requirements not listed here. For further information, please review the statutes. The Oklahoma State Courts Network,, has these laws (43 O.S. 1 et seq.).

A marriage license and ceremony all in the same place

The Marriage Record is a valuable resource for genealogists. Marriage records were often kept by churches and governments until other life activities were recorded. If the ceremony was conducted by a civil or religious official, local legislation generally mandated that the marriage be registered in civil records. Marriage has always been a very public covenant, with different forms of documenting it.
These records are normally kept by the clerk of the town or county where the bride lived, although some older ones might be held in the state archives, and more modern ones in the state’s Division of Vital Records. In addition to the records of the actual marriage, you will find records that indicate a couple’s plan to marry.
The public announcement of an intended marriage is known as marriage banns. A few weeks before a couple decided to marry, banns and plans were exchanged. The couple would have been forced to make their intentions public in order for other community members to voice any concerns about the union. In the mid-nineteenth century, this was a fairly common practice in the southern and New England states. Traditionally, three weeks prior to the wedding, the announcement of an imminent wedding will be made in the church.

About the author


View all posts