How to change my daughters last name on birth certificate

How to change my daughters last name on birth certificate

Name change/correction in birth certificate | full details | 2019

Answer: If the child is under the age of 18, there is no father or second parent listed on the birth certificate, and the mother or parent listed was not married to anyone at any time between conception and the child’s birth, both parents will appear before a district court judge in any Kansas county and complete a Paternity Consent Form for Birth Registration known as a
To complete this form, contact the clerk of the district court to schedule an appointment for both parents to appear. A certified copy of the child’s birth certificate, as well as some form of identification, will be required of the parents. The clerk will mail the form to our office once it has been finalized at the courthouse, including the judge’s signature.
NOTE: You CANNOT use the VS211 form if a second parent is already listed on the birth certificate, or if the mother or parent currently listed was married to anyone at the time of conception, birth, or anytime in between. For more information, you’ll need to contact the Office of Vital Statistics.

How to legally change your name

To find out the filing fee for your case, contact the district clerk’s office in the county where the child lives. If you have a low income, you can request that the Court waive the filing fee by filling out and filing a Statement of Inability to Pay Court Costs.
Read this article for more information: When you can’t find the other parent, you can use service by publication. This is a time-consuming and costly procedure. If you can’t locate the other parent, you should consult with a lawyer before filing any paperwork with the court.

ജനന സര്‍ട്ടിഫിക്കറ്റിലെ തെറ്റ്

If you are the only parent filing a petition (request) to change your child’s name, regardless of whether the other parent agrees or not, you will be given a court date and must notify the other parent of your petition and the court date. If the other parent of your child does not agree to the name change, he or she has the right to object to your request.
If the other parent of your child refuses to change the child’s name, the judge will make a decision in your child’s best interests. The judge will consider everything you and your child’s other parent have to say, as well as the facts of the case, before deciding what is best for your child.
If the court determines that it is in your child’s best interests to change his or her name, you will receive a court order changing the child’s name. If the court determines that changing your child’s name is not in your child’s best interests, the judge will refuse your request.

How do you change a minor child’s name?

When a child is born to married parents, one or both of them will sign the birth certificate with the child’s name. The surname is the name by which the entire family unit is referred, such as Smith, Patel, or Cohen. Unless their mother wishes for them to have a different surname and the father agrees, children usually take their father’s surname.
Unmarried fathers are not required to register their children’s births and have no right to have their names entered on the birth certificate. Children usually retain their current surname after a divorce, but their name can be changed. Unmarried mothers can only enter the father’s name if they: When some stepchildren have different surnames, the parent and stepparent may wish for everyone in the new family unit to share the same surname.
When you remarry or form a new partnership, you cannot merely change the last name of your child. The Court is responsible for determining what is in the child’s best interests. An application to change a child’s surname is usually approved only if everyone who has parental responsibility for the child signs a consent form.

About the author


View all posts