Duplicate naturalization certificate

Duplicate naturalization certificate

How to replace a lost passport quickly

US citizens can receive a citizenship certificate if the USCIS approves their citizenship application. You can get a replacement citizenship certificate by filing Form N-565 with the USCIS if yours is lost or stolen.
To get a replacement for your lost citizenship certificate, fill out the N-565 application and mail it to the USCIS. Don’t forget to include the proper check (submission fees) and supporting documents with your application (if any). You can find information about the fees, mailing address, and supporting documents on the instructions page that comes with the application. Please refer to the instructions carefully because if you make a mistake with the fee or mailing address, your application will be returned to you.
Along with the supporting documents, you must send two color photos of yourself. The photo must be taken within 30 days of filing this application and should reflect your current facial features. If you’re filing this application to get a substitute for a mutilated document, be sure to include the mutilated document in your N-565 application. Documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by a full English language translation, which must be certified as complete and correct by the translator.

Where to find your certification of naturalization number

You can apply for a substitute or a special certificate of naturalization as a U.S. citizen to be accepted by a foreign country if your citizenship document was lost, stolen, or damaged beyond repair.
Without proof such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order, we will not change a person’s name. Without evidence such as a U.S. court order or state-issued papers, we will not change a date of birth on a Certificate of Citizenship.
If you reported an incorrect date of birth on your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and then later swore to the truth of your application by signing Part 15, Signature at Interview, we cannot make any changes to an incorrect date of birth on a Certificate of Naturalization.

How to get a copy of your naturalization certificate?

Under the provisions of Section 341 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, a person who obtained United States citizenship through birth abroad to U.S. citizen parent(s) or by derivative naturalization may apply for a Certificate of Citizenship. In the United States, you can apply for this document at the closest Immigration and Naturalization Service office. If the application is approved, a Certificate of Citizenship will be issued in the subject’s name, but only if that person is currently residing in the United States. The documentation necessary to obtain this certificate is essentially the same as that required to obtain a Consular Report of Birth. The Consular Report of Birth and the Certificate of Citizenship are both valid proofs of citizenship under the law.
By sending a “Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document” (Form N-565) to INS, you can obtain a new Certificate of Naturalization. Call the INS Forms Line or contact US Citizenship and Immigration Services (1 800-870-3676).

How to fill out form n-565 application for replacement

If you live in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, a British Overseas Territory, or elsewhere and want to apply by mail, you can get a replacement certificate of registration or naturalization as a British citizen.
If you live in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, or a British Overseas Territory and have lost or destroyed a citizenship certificate issued after October 1986, fill out this form to request a replacement.
We’d like to learn more about your visit today to help us improve GOV.UK. A link to a feedback form will be emailed to you. It will only take 2 minutes to complete. Don’t worry, we won’t spam you or give your email address to anyone else.

About the author


View all posts