Contractor certificate of completion

Contractor certificate of completion

Aia contract document basics: understanding what’s

Although the statements and time frames in this article are based on California law, it is so well laid out that contractors from other states will find it extremely useful and informative. Plus, one of my trusted partners has a link to a form for your state.
The certificate of completion, also known as a notice of completion, is submitted to the County to inform them that your project is… finished.
You are allowed to file a notice of completion for only the contractor/trade that has finished if only a portion of the project is completed, such as if you have two different direct contractors each doing a completely different portion of the improvement.
I came across a great article for contractors that explains why you *want* the Owner to file that notice of completion / certificate of completion. (oops, the article is no longer available; I’ve contacted the author to see if I can republish it) You might even want to include copies of notice of completion forms with your contract to take it a step further!
The notice must be filed with the county recorder’s office within fifteen days of the project’s completion.
If the Owner files the document within that 15-day time period, the Contractors’/Suppliers’ time to file a lien is reduced to as little as 30 days after completion.
If the notice is not filed within fifteen days, it is too late for the Owner to do so; it will be rejected outright.
The time a Contractor has to file a lien is extended if the notice is not recorded. It will be up to 60 days for subcontractors and suppliers and up to 90 days for direct/prime contractors from the date of completion.

Glenigan: the building cycle video

Furthermore, once a job is completed and any last-minute changes have been addressed, you must fill out the completion construction form, which will provide you with a paper trail of your own records and completed jobs.
At the same time, the certificate of completion construction signifies the end of a contract, and once it is issued and delivered, the contractor is no longer responsible for any additional work related to the project for which he or she was hired.
The consultant completes the necessary work. A certificate of completion, for example, is not always related to construction; it could be from a consultant hired to supervise research or a development program.
When a period of education has come to an end, the institutions are now allowed to provide course completion certificates. The difference is that the person who is using the service has met all of the criteria. For example:

What is “substantial completion” in construction

Commentary: A certificate of completion is a document issued under Section 7 of the Builders Lien Act that certifies the completion of work under a contract or subcontract. It is significant because, once a certificate is issued, time starts to run for two purposes under the Act. First, the clock starts ticking on the release of the holdback that had been kept under the contract’s validated completion clause. Second, the time limit for filing liens against a contractor or subcontractor whose work has been certified starts to run. These time periods may expire well before the improvement is completed if the certified contract involves an early phase of construction, such as excavation.
This person is referred to as the “payment certifier” in the Act. The payment certifier is usually a design authority, such as an architect or engineer, who is named as the person in charge of payment certification in a contract or subcontract. [See paragraph 7(1)(a)]

Completion certificate

Certificate of Occupancy was the previous name for this document.

Contractor rush contractor management software

To occupy and use any newly built building or to alter the use/occupancy of an existing building or part thereof, a Certificate of Construction Completion Occupancy (CCC) is needed. Before a CCC can be issued, all work must have a completed permit. Please note that a separate Business License Certificate of Occupancy is required to run a business in The City; for more information or to apply, go to the Revenue Collections page. Checklist for the CCC Are you looking for a CCCQuestions?

About the author


View all posts