Birth certificate requirements

Birth certificate requirements

How to get psa / nso birth certificate online

From marriage certificates to baby passports and visas, giving birth in the UAE necessitates so much paperwork that it can be overwhelming at first. Here’s how to handle your pregnancy and newborn paperwork…
If you were married anywhere other than the UAE, you’ll need to have your marriage certificate attested. This is important because you will be asked for the original and a copy of your (attested) marriage certificate when you go to open a maternity file at any UAE hospital. Your marriage certificate will need to be authenticated by a competent body in the country where you were married, as well as attestation from the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It’s a tedious process, but you can outsource getting your documents attested for around Dh1,000, which takes about two weeks. See,, and
If you work and plan to return to work after giving birth, inform your employer as soon as possible, and be aware of your rights: under UAE Federal Labour Law, you are entitled to 45 (calendar, not working) days of paid maternity leave, which includes the time before and after delivery. You are now entitled to two half-hour nursing or breast pumping breaks for the first 18 months of returning to work.

How to apply delayed/late registration of birth

All births must be registered within 30 days of birth, according to the Births and Deaths Registration Act. It is called a late registration of birth if a child’s birth is not registered within 30 days of the child’s birth.
Form BI-24 must be filled out (in black ink only) and presented to the nearest Department of Home Affairs office if you are in South Africa, or the nearest South African embassy, mission, or consulate if you are outside of South Africa.
Children born out of wedlock are given the mother’s surname when they are registered. They may also be registered under their biological father’s surname if the father recognizes paternity and both the father and the mother consent in the presence of a Home Affairs official to the registration of the child under the father’s surname.
Form BI-24 must be filled out (in black ink only) and presented to the nearest Department of Home Affairs office if you are in South Africa, or the nearest South African embassy, mission, or consulate if you are outside of South Africa.

What to do when you don’t have record in nso

Please keep in mind that depending on the circumstances of the applicant’s birth, marriage, or death, the consular officer may request additional documents during the application review. Citizenship, prior civil status, and other factors may have an impact on the status of your application. Please leave your contact information so that a consular officer or assistant can contact you right away. If you have any questions about your application, please email [email protected]
The Report of Birth is a statement made by the person providing information on a Filipino child’s birth outside of the Philippines. It is critical for Filipinos permanently residing overseas to register the birth of a child with the Consulate as soon as possible so that the birth can be registered with the Office of the Civil Registrar General in Manila.
When a child is born overseas to parents who are both Filipino citizens or to one (1) Filipino citizen who has not been naturalized as a citizen of another country, the child’s birth must be immediately reported to the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in the country of birth.

Requirement of birthcertificates for canadian pr application

If you request a certificate and we are unable to identify or locate a record using the information you provided, we will respond with “No Record Certification of Birth.” As a result, please provide as much information as possible to help us locate the birth record you’ve requested.
The processing times are calculated from the date the application is received and do not include delivery time. If we need to settle application problems, genealogical requests, or your application includes a subpoena, court order, or power of attorney, it may take longer. Changes to your birth record may also necessitate additional processing time.
This is not acceptable.
You or your spouse (includes widow/widower if not remarried) must be in active service or honorably discharged from service to be eligible for the fee waiver for veterans of the United States Armed Forces. If you’re applying for your birth certificate, your spouse’s birth certificate, or the birth certificate of a dependent child, the fee is waived. If you’re applying for a fee waiver for a dependent child over the age of 18, please include supporting documentation. Only the cost of the birth certificate is covered by this fee waiver. The fee waiver does not cover online service fees or UPS delivery charges.

About the author


View all posts